At KOHLICO, we have a zero-tolerance approach to modern slavery and this statement is made in accordance with our obligations under the Modern Slavery Act 2015 and sets out what we are doing to prevent modern slavery in our Manufacturing Operations and Supply Chain.

Modern slavery involves the recruitment, movement, harbouring or receiving of children, women or men using force, coercion, abuse of vulnerability, deception, or other means for the  purpose  of exploitation. It is a global issue covering a range of exploitation and includes areas such as human trafficking, sexual exploitation, forced labour, debt bondage, domestic servitude, criminal activities, and child labour.

KOHLICO are distributors of ethnic foods and employ about 10 staff in the office for the management of the business. About 20% of the goods supplied by us are manufactured in UK and Europe and the remaining 80% in Thailand, Malaysia, China, and Bangladesh. 

We currently have three key categories:

  • Dry Noodles
  • Sauces & Accompaniments
  • Popcorn

KOHLICO have five core values that run through our business, two of which have behavioural requirements that support our desire to eradicate Modern Slavery.

  • Trust each other to act with positive intent
  • Respect, encourage and show appreciation of each other
  • Challenge each other to live our values
  • Show respect for differences in ideas, personality styles and cultures and value all form of diversity
  • Help each other achieve our goals
  • Put the good of Premier Foods ahead of own area of the business
  • Colleague Welfare and Human Rights Statement
  • Harassment, Bullying & Dignity at Work Policy
  • Speaking Up Policy
  • Code of Conduct
  • Ethical Trading Policy
  • Anti- Bribery and Corruption Policy
  • Anti-Corruption Code of Conduct for Third parties
  • Sanctions & Export Controls Policy

Most important respect and encourage each other

KOHLICO work with several active suppliers and our  aim  is  to  develop  long-term,  sustainable partnerships with key suppliers which drive mutual benefits.

We believe it is important that we understand the impact that our goods have on the people that produce it.  We continue to champion high ethical labour standards across our supply  chain.

Given the wide range of products and services we produce and our significant number of suppliers, we have established an Ethical Trading Policy, which is based around the internationally recognised code of labour practices, and this sets out the minimum requirements we expect from suppliers in terms of labour standards, namely:

  1. Employment is freely chosen
  2. Freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining are respected
  3. Working conditions are safe and hygienic
  4. Child labour shall not be used
  5. Living wages are paid
  6. Working hours are not excessive
  7. No discrimination is practised
  8. Regular employment is provided
  9. No harsh or inhumane treatment is allowed

Modern Slavery Training

Key members of the Supply Chain Team (Procurement / Technical) receive training on modern slavery and trafficking to raise awareness of the  issues  associated  with  modern  slavery  and  to recognise  and  respond  to  indicators  of  human  rights  abuses

The Recruitment Manager is responsible for ensuring that the team and all 3rd party labour providers are briefed on our standards and expectations in relation to Modern Slavery. The Procurement Team are responsible for ensuring that all supplier contracts in relation to recruitment have specific reference to our Modern Slavery requirements.